Why are we blogging?

We thoroughly enjoyed the blogs from those on the World Cruise 2010. They were so useful and some were also very entertaining and so we we started our own, late 2010, ready for the 2011 cruise(s).

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Au Revoir - On board Aussies!

Just a short blog to wish all of you a warm welcome home.  For those who I have email addresses for, I’ll drop you a test message shortly.
So what is it really like back home, here?  Bright but a little cool but we have adapted OK. We went to what is normally our reserve eating establishment for brunch yesterday and I cooked a warming soup last night (pumpkin with left over chilli con carne) so that was our second meal of the day – soup and toast!  Will be the same today, brunch and then soup and toast.  Guess what?  We don’t mind a bit – but reading through that superb last dinner menu had me dribbling... 
The kilos have fallen off already (scales fixed) and I am now just 400 grams above my self-imposed upper limit of 85kg, having hit probably 88kg on board. So the two eats a day with no additional snacks such as doughnuts or those tasty sandwiches.
Had to buy two new tyres today having hit an object on the road just before we left NZ and it wrecked the tyre.  Needless to say, I couldn’t get a direct replacement so had to buy two!
My acupuncturist has identified a probable cause of my shoulder problems so I am hopeful that things will now improve rapidly.  Pity the on board acupuncturist didn’t identify the problem...
I hope you other bloggers will finalise your trips with a summary or two, as we still need something to read each day or we’ll be getting withdrawal symptoms.
I’ll also do a summary, so this blog isn’t over – yet...  
In fact,  I sent one from the PC - but it seems to have been lost in cyberspace...  I'll just have to send it again. 

No comments: