Why are we blogging?

We thoroughly enjoyed the blogs from those on the World Cruise 2010. They were so useful and some were also very entertaining and so we we started our own, late 2010, ready for the 2011 cruise(s).

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 35 - Port Said - back-track....

Note:  It seems that although the computer sent this blog at the time, it didn’t arrive, so sorry about that!  I have no idea if I will be able to relocate it.

Whilst the vast majority headed off for a very long day to see the pyramids, we had a very quiet day on board.  Paula was definitely off colour with a cough, stinking head cold and she had lost her voice.   Being in constant air-conditioning is probably the main reason that so many people seem to be affected.  No wonder so many people pack Coldral medication (though for those who join the ship at Dubai, the rules for bringing in all forms of medication to the City are very restrictive and that does include Coldral.)
So we did absolutely nothing other than relax both inside and outside the cabin.  No quiz, no dancing, and we didn’t even step off the ship.  Later in the afternoon, we spent a fair bit of time on the balcony just watching the activity, or lack of it, amongst the traders.  It didn’t stop Megan bartering with just about all of them...  With about 30 plus coach loads heading out again for the day, obviously they just couldn’t wait for them to return so that they could hassle them.  Oh boy, were they in for a surprise!
As mentioned last year, the coaches are part of a convoy with armed guards back and front and as the time was getting on, it was obvious that when they did arrive back, funnelling them through the one scanner in the terminal building would cause a major bottleneck as would the on board scanners, so it was important to get them on board as soon as possible.
The cruise staff stood at the exit to the small terminal building and steered all passengers straight to the gangplank, thus depriving many traders of the opportunity to clinch a last minute sale.  I don’t think they were too happy about it...  The passengers may not have been too happy either.   There were two convoys and needless to say, getting everyone on board was a battle against time.
We opted to go to the main dining room (open seating tonight) but up on deck, it was getting decidedly chilly so with a long day in prospect for tomorrow, plus the clocks going FORWARDS, we head for bed a bit earlier than normal.  We have to meet at 6:15am tomorrow even though the ship doesn’t dock until 7am, so we placed our order for a light room service breakfast at 5:30am.  We are on holiday, but have to get up at 5:30am! Hopefully Paula will be OK tomorrow as we have a busy day. 

No comments: